This 2-day event is our full Crew Leader Training and is open to folks who:
- TKO volunteers who are working towards becoming Assistant Crew Leaders and;
- Current ACLs desiring to move from ACL into a full Crew Leader role and;
- Staff and partners who are interested in crew leadership training opportunities – ticket cost $75 covers food/lodging (if cost is a barrier in any way, possible scholarships are available – please email email@example.com).
This event features sessions on:
- TKO’s leadership culture about safety, inclusiveness and the quality of stewardship for the volunteer experience and the trails we tend to.
- How we build and maintain relationships with other stewardship partners
- In depth coverage of the project planning process
- Event planning, coordination and management
- How to facilitate and steward the volunteer experience
- Working with a diverse array of volunteers
- Crew Leader commitments
Your registration includes:
- Two days of leadership training from TKO Leaders and Staff
- Saturday dinner, Sunday breakfast and lunch – specific dietary options can be selected during registration
- Lodging – you have the option of bunking in a shared room in the main lodge (bring your own bedding) or commuting to the training if you live close by.
What to bring:
- Sturdy boots – please bring sturdy boots that will protect your toes from sharp tools. For safety reasons, we cannot allow tennis shoes, sandals etc. during the trail work sessions.
- Long sleeved shirt and work pants – wear what you won’t mind getting dirty in
- Rain gear and warm layers – it will be January on the coast, please come prepared for all weather.
- Work gloves – we will have loaner pairs available
- Water bottle – 2L minimum highly recommended
- Travel mug – help us keep our waste low!
- A sack lunch – please bring your own lunch for Saturday. We will provide lunch on Sunday.
- Daypack – for carrying all of the above
- Towel and personal toiletries – there are showers at camp, yay!
- Non-work clothes and a change of shoes – for the non-trail work times.
- Pillow and a sleeping bag – if staying in the bunk rooms
This class is designed to be an on-trail, experience based training. Please come prepared to participate in thoughtful and challenging discussions, learn new leadership skills, and, of course, do some trail work!
This event is generously funded by a grant from the REI Co-op. Thanks REI!