We will be improving a corner of the trail where hikers get confused. Moving rocks and logs to make the wrong path look less like a trail. We will be transplanting local native plants where hikers have made trails to return to the right path.
We will hike from the park maintenance area down to the river and about 1 mile down the River trail. The trail is moderate with the elevation change from the rim to the river level.
Prior to this event, you will be asked to watch a short orientation about our COVID-19 safety procedures. You must also sign the TKO e-waiver and complete a personal health screening before attending this event. Details and links will be provided after you register.
You should expect to participate in this work party for its entirety. For safety reasons, please do not arrive late or expect to be able to leave early.
You should expect to work on well-established trail surface and level off-trail in an open area. We will be working with trail tools: shovels, pull straps, and garden-type tools for planting. You will work with an experienced crew leader. No experience is necessary.
• Plenty of water
• Personal hygiene kit – must include a face mask/covering, hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes and work gloves (loaner gloves available if you do not have your own)
• Boots (Please wear something sturdy that will protect your toes from sharp tools. No tennis shoes allowed!)
• Work gloves (loaner gloves available)
• Long-sleeved shirts and pants.
• Rain gear as appropriate for the weather
• TKO will supply hard hats and safety glasses
The work will be at Smith Rock State Park in Terrebonne (5 miles North of Redmond, 15 miles North of Bend Oregon) https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index.cfm?do=park.profile&parkId=36 We will be parking in a park maintenance area where parking permits are not needed.
Directions to the meeting area will be sent out to registrants shortly before the event date. A link to the required Zoom training will be sent the day of that training.