Project Overview: We will be brushing a section of the Oregon Coast Trail, starting at the Whales Head Picnic Area. No experience necessary, TKO leaders will provide training.
Hiking information: The hike will be short, and relatively level.
In accordance with civil authority restrictions and land manager requirements for safety considerations, the following policies are currently in place:
• All volunteers will participate in the TKO COVID-19 Safety Lab, a broad safety orientation of TKO Safety Policy & Procedures for a COVID-19 Environment.
• All volunteers will attend a digital safety briefing the Monday before the event.
• All volunteers must administer a self-evaluation prior to attending in-person volunteer events (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html).
• All volunteers will read and sign the TKO Volunteer Waiver updated for COVID-19 for release and indemnity of TKO and the land manager partner.
• Volunteers must bring their own gloves, cloth masks, and hand sanitizer.
• Tools will be sanitized prior to the event, and will not be shared throughout the day.
• No carpools will be arranged by TKO for the time being.
For a complete list of Covid specific safety measures, see our safety manual, available here.
What to bring:
What to wear:
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: TKO recognizes that the trails we work on travel through the traditional lands of many Indigenous tribes. In every corner of what we now call Oregon, these people were forced to cede their land, their home, to the US government at various times from 1853 – 1871. We are privileged to be here today & express gratitude to the descendants of these tribes for being the original stewards of this land.
EQUITY & INCLUSION: TKO seeks to make Oregon’s trails a place where people can go to connect with nature & one another. Not everyone feels safe & welcome in the outdoors due to racism, bias & hate. We commit to being part of the solution to change that. Conduct, speech, or expressions that target individuals or groups will not be tolerated by TKO, regardless of whether they are based on age, citizenship, disability, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, geographic origin, language, marital status, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status.
PERSONAL SAFETY: Your physical & emotional safety is our number one priority. If a person’s actions or comments make you feel uncomfortable/unsafe – interrupt directly, tell a crew leader &/or complete the post-event survey.