Come join Trailkeepers of Oregon as we work on a brand new segment of the Oregon Coast Trail from Neahkahnie Mountain to Nehalem Road in Manzanita!! With your help we’ll be working side-by-side with a Northwest Youth Corps team to build new trail. Plan to hike less than a mile to the work area and work using hand digging tools, loppers, and hand saws. We prioritize safety and fun over quantity of work accomplished and encourage people to try different things and work at a comfortable pace. No experience is necessary — you’ll be working with experienced crew leaders who will teach you all you need to know. We’ll end the day with TKO-provided beverages and salty snacks. Afterwards, we’ll find a spot to settle down for a picnic lunch.
What to bring:
• Plenty of water
What to wear:
• Boots (Please wear something sturdy that will protect your toes from sharp tools. No tennis shoes allowed!)
• Work gloves (loaner gloves available)
• Long sleeved shirts and pants.
• Rain gear as appropriate for the weather
• TKO will supply hard hats and safety glasses
Hiking Stats: Less than 2 miles total; hiking on unfinished trail and uneven ground through brush.
Directions: Detailed directions will be provided via email 2 days before the work party.
Crew Leader: Susan S.