Free transportation is being provided for this Car-Free event, courtesy of Wildwood Adventures. For those wishing to take the shuttle, we will leave promptly from the Willow Creek/SW 185th Ave TC Park & Ride at 7:30am. The entrance is at 180 NE Edgeway Drive, Hillsboro, OR 97124. We’ll be in the northwest corner of the lot — look for the large black van and TKO hard hats. The shuttle will leave promptly at 7:30 am and will be back no later than 5:00 pm.
If you are coming from outside the Portland area, please plan to arrive at the meeting location (intersection of Nehalem Road & Hwy 101: 45.724246, -123.928356) no later than 9:15 am.
Come join Trailkeepers of Oregon as we work on a brand new segment of the Oregon Coast Trail from Neahkahnie Mountain to Nehalem Road in Manzanita!! Plan to hike less than a mile to the work area and work using hand digging tools, loppers, and hand saws. We prioritize safety and fun over quantity of work accomplished and encourage people to try different things and work at a comfortable pace. No experience is necessary! You’ll be working with experienced crew leaders who will teach you all you need to know. We’ll end the day with TKO-provided beverages and salty snacks.
What to bring:
• Plenty of water
What to wear:
• Hiking Boots (Please wear something sturdy that will protect your toes from sharp tools. Tennis shoes are not recommended! Open toed shoes will not be allowed.)
• Work gloves (loaner gloves available)
• Long sleeved shirts and pants.
• Rain gear as appropriate for the weather
• TKO will supply hard hats and safety glasses