Come join Trailkeepers of Oregon as we partner with Oregon Parks and Recreation Department to improve access at Arcadia Beach! With your help we’ll be clearing a new beach access path and establishing solid tread. Plan to hike just 100 yards to the project site and use hand digging tools, loppers, and hand saws. We prioritize safety and fun over quantity of work accomplished and encourage people to try different things and work at a comfortable pace. No experience is necessary — you’ll be working with experienced crew leaders who will teach you all you need to know. We’ll end the day with TKO-provided beverages and salty snacks. We will work in moderate rain, but will cancel or leave if weather becomes unsafe or impedes our ability to do quality work.
What to bring:
• Plenty of water
What to wear:
• Boots (Please wear something sturdy that will protect your toes from sharp tools. No tennis shoes allowed!)
• Work gloves (loaner gloves available)
• Long sleeved shirts and pants.
• Rain gear as appropriate for the weather
• TKO will supply hard hats and safety glasses
Hiking Stats: 0.1 miles total with 50 feet of elevation gain
Directions: Detailed directions will be provided via email 2 days before the work party.
Crew Leader: Susan S.