#OptOutside began as a moment that turned into a movement. Now it’s a mission. This Black Friday, Nov. 29, we’re kicking off a year of doing more for the environment we love. This year when we #OptOutside, we Opt to Act. On Black Friday we’re going to get out and work together to ensure that our favorite local areas continue to be accessible to all, allowing them to continue their crucial role in fostering our community’s connection to nature and inspiring each of us to fight for life outdoors together.
This event is geared toward folks in the Portland area. Join TKO and employees from the Portland REI to give some love to this wonderful trail system, right in the heart of the city. No experience necessary, our Crew Leaders will teach you everything you need to know.
We will be hiking approximately 1 to 2 miles total, with very little elevation gain.
What to expect:
We will be working with hand tools to clean shape and repair the trail surface. We might build a few small structures using rock or wood. You should expect to participate in this work party for its entirety. For safety reasons, please to not arrive late or expect to be able to leave early.
What to bring:
- Plenty of water
What to wear:
- Boots (Please wear something sturdy that will protect your toes from sharp tools. Tennis shoes are discourage and open toed shoes will not be allowed.)
- Work gloves (loaner gloves available)
- Long sleeved shirts and pants.
- Rain gear as appropriate for the weather
- TKO will supply hard hats and safety glasses