Come join Trailkeepers of Oregon as we partner with our friends at the Lower Nehalem Community Trust to plant trees in the logged area along the new segment of the Oregon Coast Trail we’ve been building!! Plan to hike less than a mile to the planting area and work using hand digging tools. We prioritize safety and fun over quantity of work accomplished and encourage people to try different things and work at a comfortable pace. No experience is necessary — you’ll be working with experienced crew leaders from TKO and LNCT who will teach you all you need to know. We’ll end the day with TKO-provided beverages and salty snacks.
Seaside Lodge & International Hostel https://www.seasidehostel.net/index.html has generously offered discounted rates for guests doing trail work with TKO on the coast. Call to make a reservation and mention that you’re coming to this trail party to get the discount. They have single room and dorm-style accommodations.
What to bring:
• Plenty of water
What to wear:
• Boots (Please wear something sturdy that will protect your toes from sharp tools. Tennis shoes are not recommended!)
• Work gloves (loaner gloves available)
• Long-sleeved shirts and pants.
• Rain gear as appropriate for the weather
• TKO will supply hard hats and safety glasses if needed
Directions: Detailed directions will be provided via email 2 days before the trail party.