This is a “private” logout advanced training event for TKO sawyers limited to 8 people but keep an eye on registrations as cancellations can happen and spots would then open up until 6PM the night before the event.
It is rare that sawyers can work on a complex, “C-class” set of logs with “multiple, interconnected logs” with “severe binds”. The objective is to clear this roadway but also train on the proper and safe way for sawyers to achieve that objective. For some sawyers, this will be a “refresher” course, but for others a big opportunity to gain some experience.
We will meet at the Mt Hood Kiwanis Camp (see https://mhkc.org/ ) at 8:30 am.
Our work area is nearby the MHKC parking area. Contact email@example.com if you have questions.
What to expect:
You should expect to work over uneven terrain, perhaps with snow, and with many obstacles to climb over and/or remove. A mandatory detailed logout safety discussion will be held before work begins.
The crew leader may decide to cancel the work party, based on weather conditions. We will not work in high winds or potential snow storm events. If the snow is too deep to safely saw, we will postpone this event. Volunteers are advised to check for e-mails the night before and morning of in case there are unanticipated work party cancellations.
What to bring – Bring your lunch, snacks and plenty of water.
What to wear:
– Hiking boots (please wear something sturdy that will protect your toes from sharp tools througout the day. Tennis shoes are discouraged and open toed shoes will not be allowed)
– Sturdy work gloves (more than one pair is a good idea, loaners will be available)
– Long sleeved shirt required
– Rain gear as appropriate for the weather
– TKO will provide hard hats and safety glasses
Follow the google map directions: Campsite: 83500 E. Kiwanis Camp Road, Government Camp, Oregon 97028