During the month of September, you can help TKO win FREE money from our friends at KEEN by joining the Keen Corps! After your trail party event, log your 2021 volunteer hours (max. of 8 hrs) and you ‘ll get free swag and TKO will be awarded up to $25,000! Click here to get started.
Green Lakes Trail has suffered from too much love. We are going to restore some of the user damage along the trail. Removing some user trails, transplanting native plants, and general forest gardening. This event will work on the first section along Fall Creek. Another trail party in October will continue the work.
We will hike from the Green Lakes / Soda Creek trailhead for a short distance along Fall Creek. We will be hiking off-trail to find native plants and materials to return user trails to their natural state.
What to expect:
You should expect to participate in this work party for its entirety. For safety reasons, please do not arrive late or expect to be able to leave early.
We will be working on well-established trail surfaces and off-trail slopes. You will work with an experienced crew leader. No experience is necessary, training is provided.
What to bring:
• Plenty of water
• Personal hygiene kit – must include a face mask/covering and work gloves (loaner gloves available if you do not have your own)
What to wear:
• Boots (Please wear something sturdy that will protect your toes from sharp tools and rocks. No tennis shoes allowed!)
• Work gloves (loaner gloves available)
• Long-sleeved shirts and pants
• Clothing as appropriate for the weather
• TKO will supply hard hats and safety glasses
The work will be at Green Lakes / Soda Creek trailhead (25 miles West of Bend Oregon)
We will be parking in the main lot which requires a Forest Service Trail pass (loaners available if you don’t have one). No Central Cascades Wilderness Permit is needed when doing trail work.
Directions to the meeting area and additional information on the work will be sent out to registrants shortly before the event date.