Help improve the Green Lakes Trail, Part 2
Green Lakes Trail has suffered from too much love. We are going to restore some of the user damage along the trail. Removing some user trails, transplanting native plants, and general forest gardening. The first work on this is September 25, you do not have to be on both to help!
We will hike from the Green Lakes / Soda Creek trailhead along Fall Creek. Going further than we did at the first work party. We will be hiking off-trail to find native plants and materials to return user trails to their natural state.
What to expect:
You should expect to participate in this work party for its entirety. For safety reasons, please do not arrive late or expect to be able to leave early.
We will be working on well-established trail surfaces and off-trail slopes. You will work with an experienced crew leader. No experience is necessary, training is provided.
What to bring:
• Plenty of water
• Personal hygiene kit – must include a face mask/covering and work gloves (loaner gloves available if you do not have your own)
What to wear:
• Boots (Please wear something sturdy that will protect your toes from sharp tools and rocks. No tennis shoes allowed!)
• Work gloves (loaner gloves available)
• Long-sleeved shirts and pants
• Clothing as appropriate for the weather
• TKO will supply hard hats and safety glasses
We will be parking in the main lot which requires a Forest Service Trail pass (loaners available if you don’t have one). No Central Cascades Wilderness Permit is needed.
Directions to the meeting area and additional information on the work will be sent out to registrants shortly before the event date.