**Please follow all civil authority restrictions for your community, email email@example.com to be approved for participation following our safety policy and procedures.**
In accordance with civil authority restrictions and land manager requirements for safety considerations, the following policies are currently in place:
• All volunteers will participate in the TKO COVID-19 Safety Lab, a broad safety orientation of TKO Safety Policy & Procedures for a COVID-19 Environment.
• All volunteers will attend a digital safety briefing the Monday before the event.
• All volunteers must administer a self-evaluation prior to attending in-person volunteer events (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html).
• All volunteers will read and sign the TKO Volunteer Waiver updated for COVID-19 for release and indemnity of TKO and the land manager partner.
• Volunteers must bring their own gloves, cloth masks, hand sanitizer, and hardhat.
• Tools will be sanitized prior to the event, and will not be shared throughout the day.
• No carpools will be arranged by TKO for the time being.
Project Overview: Clearing trail of downed tree. Harvesting native timber and stationing near worksite for construction in April.
Hiking information: All of the necessary work is within 3/4 mile of the lower trailhead.
What to expect:
Safety, Fun, Work
What to bring:
What to wear:
Directions: Will be provided to registrants 48 hours prior to the event.
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: TKO recognizes that the trails we work on travel through the traditional lands of many Indigenous tribes. In every corner of what we now call Oregon, these people were forced to cede their land, their home, to the US government at various times from 1853 – 1871. We are privileged to be here today & express gratitude to the descendants of these tribes for being the original stewards of this land.
EQUITY & INCLUSION: TKO seeks to make Oregon’s trails a place where people can go to connect with nature & one another. Not everyone feels safe & welcome in the outdoors due to racism, bias & hate. We commit to being part of the solution to change that. Conduct, speech, or expressions that target individuals or groups will not be tolerated by TKO, regardless of whether they are based on age, citizenship, disability, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, geographic origin, language, marital status, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status.
PERSONAL SAFETY: Your physical & emotional safety is our number one priority. If a person’s actions or comments make you feel uncomfortable/unsafe – interrupt directly, tell a crew leader &/or complete the post-event survey.