UPDATE: Due to a weather forecast of snow this weekend for the area near the Salmon River Trail, this trail party will now be at Tryon Creek State Natural Area. Only pre-registered volunteers will be accepted.
During the course of the trail party, we will be hiking approximately 1-2 miles. If you have questions or concerns about the hike, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What to expect:
The trails at Tryon Creek are generally usable for hikers of all fitness levels. A mandatory detailed safety discussion will be held before work begins.
The crew leader may decide to cancel the work party, based on weather conditions. We will not work in high winds or potential storm events. Volunteers are advised to check for e-mails the night before and morning of in case there are unanticipated work party cancellations.
What to bring – Bring your lunch, snacks and plenty of water.
What to wear:
– Hiking boots (please wear something sturdy that will protect your toes from sharp tools througout the day. Tennis shoes are discouraged and open toed shoes will not be allowed)
– Sturdy work gloves (more than one pair is a good idea, loaners will be available)
– Long sleeved shirt required
– Rain gear as appropriate for the weather
– TKO will provide hard hats and safety glasses
We will plan to meet at the main parking lot at Tryon Creek (see Google Map)
Share with your friends!