Join Trailkeepers of Oregon as we help maintain trails in one of Oregon’s most spectacular parks. We will be restoring native plants and doing maintenance on the popular River Trail. Plan to hike less than a mile to the work area and work using hand digging tools, loppers, and hand saws. We prioritize safety and fun over quantity of work accomplished and encourage people to try different things and work at a comfortable pace. No experience is necessary — you’ll be working with experienced crew leaders who will teach you all you need to know.
This is at Smith Rock State Park https://oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm?do=parkPage.dsp_parkPage&parkId=36. We won’t be going on the steep trails at this work party. It is a good work party to see what trail work is like while helping the trails we love. Tools, training, and safety equipment provided by Trail Keepers of Oregon.
What to bring:
• Plenty of water
What to wear:
• Hiking Boots (Please wear something sturdy that will protect your toes from sharp tools. Tennis shoes are not recommended! Open-toed shoes will not be allowed.)
• Work gloves (loaner gloves available)
• Long-sleeved shirts and pants.
• Rain gear as appropriate for the weather
• TKO will supply hard hats and safety glasses
This is early for Central Oregon so there may be weather cancelation. If there is you will be notified the night before. We will cancel for heavy snow but not for rain – if there is rain dress appropriately.
Directions: Detailed directions will be provided via email 2 days before the work party.