Come join Trailkeepers of Oregon and the Oregon Mountain Bike Coalition as we team up for a special trail stewardship day, capping off another successful Oregon Trails Summit with tools-to-trail! Plan to hike less than a mile to the work area and work using hand digging tools, loppers, and hand saws. We prioritize safety and fun over quantity of work accomplished and encourage people to try different things and work at a comfortable pace. No experience is necessary — you’ll be working with experienced crew leaders who will teach you all you need to know. We’ll end the day with Summit-provided lunch.
What to bring:
• Plenty of water
What to wear:
• Boots (Please wear something sturdy that will protect your toes from sharp tools. Tennis shoes are not recommended!)
• Work gloves (loaner gloves available)
• Long sleeved shirts and pants.
• Rain gear as appropriate for the weather
• TKO will supply hard hats and safety glasses
Hiking Stats: Less than 2 miles total; hiking/biking on finished trail and uneven ground.
Directions: Detailed directions will be provided via email 2 days before the trail party as well as the night before.